Sun 20 Jul 2014
Today was the last of the summer adult badminton coaching sessions. We decided to add a bit of competition to the last session by setting our players some challenges to see how they would get on. Challenges included:
- The 1 minute challenge: How many shots can you and your partner play in 1 minute
- The shuttle"clock" time trial: How long does it take you to move shuttles from the centre of the court to each cone
- Serving target challenge: You have 5 shuttles, different targets are worth different numbers of points, what is your best score?
- "WALL-E": How long a rally can you sustain against the wall?
- Smash Bowling: Can you smash the shuttle and hit / knock over any shuttle tubes?
- The last "player" standing: Keep one foot on a maker, every time you miss the shuttle or hit it out you lose a life. You start stood on both feet, then balance on one foot (usually your "good" foot), then balance on your other foot, then kneel, then sit, then lie down, then you're out!
- "Monarch" of the Court: (because I got told off for calling it "King" of the Court :S) Everyone takes it in turns to play against the entire group. How many points can you win before the group beat you?
Well done to everyone for giving all the challenges a go and racking up some good scores! To calculate the final leader board we ranked everyone for each challenge and awarded points based on their position. Congratulations go to Chris H (1st), Chris L (2nd) and Martin (3rd)!
A selection of some of the photos are shown below, but you can check out the full gallery here.
Back to News Archive