Although lockdown restrictions are starting to be eased, and we are super keen to get back on court as soon as we can (and hopefully you are too!), we all have an ongoing responsibility to "stay alert, help control the virus, and, in doing so, save lives". This page details the changes we will be making to our junior indoor sessions so that everyone can continue to enjoy playing badminton in a safe environment. These changes have been made according to guidelines issued by the UK government, public health bodies, BADMINTON England, and the venues that we use. They also include mitigations for additional risks that we have identified.
It's worth noting that this page details the *current* changes, and we reserve the right to make additional alterations at any time, in order to take into account new guidelines. Any changes will be communicated to all members before they attend their next session.
Have any questions or concerns? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
This page was last updated on: Friday 9th April 2021.
Updates on Friday 9th April:
- Max permitted group size increased from 6 to 15 players.
- Players/Parents should be aware that our club has a legal requirement to retain the contact details of players in attendance at each session and, if asked, share these with NHS Track and Trace.
Updates on Saturday 3rd October:
Updates on Thursday 10th September:
- From September, coaching will be reintroduced to our sessions, in addition to game play.
- The maximum permissible coach:player ratio has changed from 1:5 to 1:15. However, players must continue to be split into groups, containing a maximum of 6 players. Our approach will be:
- a maximum of 4 groups [same as before]
- each group containing a maximum of 6 players [previously, 5]
- each group using different courts and shuttles [same as before]
- coaches will be split into 2 teams
- each player group will be assigned to a coaching team
- coaching teams may be assigned multiple player groups, but the total number of players will not exceed 15 [previously, 1 coach per group]
- If your child is not able to attend a session then please let us know as soon as you can so that we can make any appropriate changes to the groups.
- The disabled toilet can now be used for 'emergencies', but we need to minimise its use, so please use your toilet at home before leaving for a session.
Updates on Thursday 23rd July:
- Players to bring a small towel to sessions and use it to help stop sweat from dropping on the floor
- Updated limit of number of people per session - from 2 groups of 6 people, to 4 groups of 6 people.
- Up to 2 players, from any household/bubble, are allowed on each side of the court at once i.e. doubles play is now allowed.
- Although 2 players are now allowed on the same side of the court, players should try to keep as much distance as is practical whilst on-court.
Players should be keeping at least 1.5m distance anyway, otherwise they risk getting hit by their partner's racket.
But they should be mindful of other instances when they might be too close to their partner e.g. players should pass the shuttle to their partner from racket-to-racket, rather than hand-to-hand.
- All areas of the court may be used during play. The fore-court is no longer out-of-bounds.
- Whilst off-court, players should continue to maintain at least a 2 metre distance from each other.
- Whilst off-court, players must remain standing and not sit or lean on any surfaces/equipment.
- Any sweat drops should be mopped up using cleaning wipes.
- Fire exits will be kept open during sessions to enable fresh air to circulate into the hall.
- Fire evacuation assembly point moved from car park to sports field where it will be easier to social distance.
- When setting up the hall, coaches will clean surfaces that people might accidentally touch with surface wipes - net posts, tables, door handles etc